This will serve as a database of information we currently have regarding COVID-19, what it means for our industry and the different resources available to you.
From NABTU (North America’s Building Trades Unions)
Government Affairs and Legislative Resources
Congress has passed two major pieces of legislation addressing COVID-19, and the president has signed them into law. The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) were designed to provide economic relief for businesses and workers severely impacted by COVID-19. NABTU lobbied very aggressively to ensure each bill contained policies that would help the working families of the construction industry as well as its contractors.
- What you need to know if you are unemployed or have reduced hours due to COVID-19
- What you need to know about how your employer can help cover wages and benefits
- What you need to know if you have childcare needs
- What you need to know if you are paying student loans
- What you need to know if you are paying rent or a mortgage
- Building Trades’ Letter to U.S. Governors and Mayors
- List of States That Deemed Construction “Essential”
- State Unemployment Links
- Guidance for Contractor Screening of Construction Workers
- Guidance on Local Union Elections and LM Reports
- Rules for Meetings and Elections of State, Provincial and Local Councils
Health and Safety Resources
Jobsite and Worker Guidance
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 resources
- Department of Labor (DOL) Coronavirus resources
This information is also on our COVID-19 Resources webpage. This site is updated daily to keep you informed with the latest health, safety and industry resources, press releases, legal guidance and government affairs information.
We are here to support you all during this ever-changing situation. Always feel free to contact us with any questions, concerns or suggestions as we want to be as helpful as possible.
Additionally, here are some links to resources that we at Local 236 have gathered to assist you and your family through these times:
Updated 3/30/20: IP Stephenson has sent out a FAQ with answers on some referral procedures. Read it here.
Family Educational and Entertainment Resources:
About the Coronavirus:
About Coronavirus (WHO)
How to Protect Yourself (CDC)
Corona Virus Q & A (WHO)
Public Health Advice (WHO)
International Outbreak Map (WHO)
About Coronavirus Disease (CDC)
USA Outbreak Map (CDC)
Johns Hopkins Outbreak Map
NYS Dept of Health
UPDATED 4/1/20: An additional FAQ released by NYS DOL
Here is a step by step process to file a claim.
IBEW Local 236 Contacts:
IBEW Local 236 continues operating strictly by phone, email and through our website. Please call the office for guidance or any information you need.
Local 236 Funds Office is also operating strictly by phone, online and email. Please coordinate with the funds department for any document requirements.
Local 236 Funds Website